Colonel (Prof) Md. Nurul Azim, Retd – Profile
- Specialty: Psychiatry & Psychology (Behavioral Sciences).
- Degree: MBBS(Honors), MD, FCPS, FRCP, FACP, PsyD, PhD
Banani Clinic (Specialized Hospital)
09:00-10:00 AM (Consultation) (Walk in)
10:00-12:30 AM (Counseling) (On Aptt)
Tuesdays & Wednesdays
07:00-08:30 PM (Consultation) (Walk in)
United Hospital Ltd
Mondays & Thursdays Only
07:00-08:30 PM (Consultation only)
- Commissioned in the Army Medical Corps of Bangladesh as a Lieutenant in 1976.
- Senior most Psychiatrist, Armed Forces of Bangladesh, 1990-2002 (Retired Prematurely as Colonel on Health Ground in Oct, 2002)
- Professor of Psychiatry, Armed Forces Medical Institutions / Colleges, BCPS, IPGM&R / BSMMU, NIMH, BCGP, Multiple Private Medical Colleges, 1993-2012.
Academic Degrees with Records
- MBBS (Stood in DU Merit Lists, got Honors), Dhaka Medical College, 1975.
- Grading in Psychiatry (2 yrs Specialization Course), Armed Force Medical Institute, 1978.
- FCPS (Psychiatry), 1984.
- Classification in Psychiatry (Highest Attainable Level as a Specialist in Army), 1987.
- Psy D (USA), 1997.
- PhD (in Clinical Psychology) (USA), 1999.
- MD (USA), 1999.
- FACP (USA), 1999.
- FRCP (UK), 2002.
- Certified on "Research Methodology & Health Care Delivery System" by WHO,1984.
- Awarded "WHO Fellowship" for 1year training in Asian Countries; 1985.
- Certified on "Physiological Indoctrination Course in Aerospace Medicine", Turkey, 1998.
- Certified as a Facilitator in "Desensitization & Reprocessing of Trauma", USA,1999.
Affiliations at Home (past and present):
- Member, Faculty of Psychiatry, Bangladesh College of Physicians & Surgeons, (BCPS), Dhaka.
- Examiner, Membership (MCPS)) and Fellowship (FCPS) Examinations, BCPS, Dhaka.
- Life Member, Bangladesh Association of Psychiatrists.
- Life Member, Bangladesh Association of Physicians.
Achievements Abroad (past and present):
- Special Individual Member, World Psychiatric Association, USA.
- International Member, American Psychiatric Association, USA (MAPA).
- Life Member, World Institute of Achievement, USA.
- International Member, Mensa International, UK (IQ-172, P>99).
- Fellow of Royal Society of Health (FRSH), UK.
- Fellow of Royal Society of Medicine (FRSM), UK.
- Member of American Medical Society (MAMS), Austria.
- Life Member, World Federation of Mental Health.
- Facilitator, EMDR Institute, USA.
Conferences Attended (National & International): 12
Original Articles Published(as Principal Author): 22
Laid Base Line Data on Epidemiology & Phenomenology of Major Mental IIInesses in Bangladesh (Schizophrenias and Bipolar Disorders).
Books Published: 10
Honors and Awards Received:
- Bio graphed in:500 Leaders of Influence, USA.
- Bio graphed in:Leading Intellectuals of the World, USA.
- Bio graphed in:Who's Who in the 21st Century, UK.
- Bio graphed in:Outstanding Intellectalls of the 21st Century, UK.
- Recipient of:Distinguished Leadership Award, USA.
- Recipient of:Key Success Award for Teaching Excellence, USA.
Countries Visited: 50
- Educated Lay Persons on Mental Health Through Lectures.
- Prepared M Phil, MD, FCPS Curriculum (team work).
- Drafted Mental Health Act of Bangladesh (team work).
- Modernized Combined Military Hospital (CMH), Dhaka (Team Work).
- Took Part in Raising Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Dhaka (Team Work).
Interests & Hobbies:
- Taw heed & Tafseer
- Archaeology & Civilizations
- Planned travel
- Classic literature
- Classic movies
- Melodious old songs & instrumental music
- Public speaking
- Wife: Dr Mrs. Rashida Ahmed, b 31 Jan 1953
Married Since 10 August 1975
MBBS, MPhil, FRSH, FRSM; MAMS, MAPA
Ex- Consultant Psychiatrist
Rashida Azim's Psychiatric Clinic, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Daughter: Dr Mrs. Maleeha Azeem, MBBS, MPH (Epid), Gold medalist from NSU, MPH (RCH), b 20 June 1977
Ex Lecturer, MPH Program, North South University, Dhaka (now in UK since 2012)
(Married to Dr Khaled Hasan, MBBS, FCPS, MRCP (UK), MRCP (Geriatrics), Consultant of NHS, UK;
Ex-Asst Prof of Medicine, BSMMU, Dhaka)
Grand Children: Nazeefa, age 15+, Nameera age 9+, Yusuf age 2+
- Daughter: Dr Mrs. Maheen Azeem, MBBS, MPH (RCH),b 21 Dec 1981
Clinical Coordinator, United Hospital Ltd, Dhaka Since 2012
Ex VCT Counselor, CAAP, Banani, Dhaka
(Married to Major Md Habibur Rahman, AMC, MBBS, DLO, MPH (HA)
Specialist in ENT Diseases & Head –Neck Surgery, Bangladesh Army)
Grand Child: Zareefa age 9+
- Surname: AZIM
- First Name: Mohammad
- Middle Name: Nurul
- Last Name: Azim
- Date of Birth: 31 March 1951
- Nationality: Bangladeshi by birth
- Religion: Islam
- Marital Status: Married since 1975